click here for: Autumn Course Update (November)
Players are asked for their understanding whilst the essential works to the greens takes place by the volunteer greens team.
Extensive works were carried out with great efficiency this week by the greens team, regrettably delayed by circumstances beyond their control, not least the weather.
The extent of the works included:-
1. Swishing and sweeping greens to remove dew and then cutting - complete.
2. Vertical slitting to all the greens - complete.
3. The greens will then be scariffied. This will remove a considerable amount of debris along with some of the coarse grass growth.
4. All the greens then be seeded with grass, sanded and brushed in.
Items 3 & 4 planned w/c 16th October (subject to weather)
Preferred lies now in operation until further notice.
When a player’s ball lies in a part of the general area cut to fairway height or less, the player may take free relief once by placing the original ball or another ball and playing it from this relief area:
- Reference Point: Spot of the original ball.
- Size of Relief Area Measured from Reference Point: 6 inches from the reference point, but must be no nearer the hole and in the "general area".
In proceeding under this Local Rule, the player must choose a spot to place the ball and use the procedures or replacing a ball under Rules 14.2b (2) and 14.2e.
See the latest on KGC's few facebook page: